FastPrep-96™ MP BIOMEDICALS 116010500
- MP Biomedicals’ FastPrep-96™ is a versatile high-speed homogenizer offering the ultimate in high-throughput sample preparation.
- Developed for resistant samples, the FastPrep-96™ instrument uses a high-speed linear motion to disrupt thoroughly any tissues and cells in just seconds through the simultaneous beating of specialized Lysing Matrix beads on the sample material.
- This high-performance system saves hours of work during the sample preparation stage and allows for the purification of high yields of intact DNA, RNA, proteins and other metabolites.
- FastPrep®-96 is used to homogenize biological samples.
- FastPrep®-96 Instrument lyses thoroughly and quickly any tissues and cells and thus allows easy and reproducible isolation of stable RNA, active proteins and full-length genomic DNA.
- Research Use Only (RUO).
- Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.
- Extractions of nucleic acids; proteins; metabolites and other small molecules from virtual sample
|FastPrep Instruments Models||FastPrep-96|
|Adapter Type||Ambient | Cryogenic|
|Application Notes||FastPrep®-96 is used to homogenize biological samples. FastPrep®-96 Instrument lyses thoroughly and quickly any tissues and cells and thus allows easy and reproducible isolation of stable RNA, active proteins and full-length genomic DNA.|
|Base Catalog Number||6010500|
|Dimensions||Height- 700mm x Width- 440mm x Length 660mm|
|Instrument or System Type||Grinder|
|Applications||Extractions of nucleic acids; proteins; metabolites and other small molecules from virtually sample|
|Kit Compatibility||All FastDNA Kits; All FastRNA Pro Kits; All FastRNA Spin Kits; All FastProtein Kits; as well as most purification kits and chemistries from other suppliers; most homebrew purification chemistries and reagents|
|Material of Construction||Aluminum||High Density Composite|
|Molecule Enriched||DNA||RNA||Proteins||Metabolites||Small Molecules|
|Pack Size||1 Each|
|Personal Protective Equipment||Personal-protective-equipment: If working with biological, toxic, hazardous or infectious samples; Hand protection: Latex, Nitrile or other plastic material gloves. Skin and body protection: Labcoat and sleves. Eye protection: Safety glasses with side-shields Hygiene measures: Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.|
|Product Overview||Features of FastPrep®-96 Instrument: – High Throughput Process up to 192 samples simultaneously in 2 x 96 deep well plates – Exceptional Versatility Interchangeable adapters available for 2 x 96 deep well plates, 96 x 2 mL tubes, 48 x 4.5 mL tubes, 24 x 15 mL tubes, 8 x 50 mL tubes, and 1 x 250 mL flask – Excellent Reproducibility Consistent lysis results in every well with automated feedback control – Fast Processing Speed 1800 Oscillations/min and 1.5-inch stroke — highest available – True Linear Motion Eliminates the need to re-orient plates mid-cycle – Preservation of temperature sensitive molecules Homogenization performed at room or cryogenic temperatures|
|Research Areas||Soil and environmental science; genomics; proteomics; metagenomics; metabolomics; food sciences; forensics; plant pathology; communicable disease; cancer; agricultural|
|Sample Type||Soil||Plants||Animal Tissues||Feces||Yeast||Bacteria (Gram +/-)||Fungi||Spores||Wastewater||Food||Seeds||Roots|
|Sample Volume||~200 µL to 250 mL; up to ~500 g|
|Storage and Handling||Recommended operating temperature range: 35-100 °F (2-48 °C)|
|Tube Compatibility||0.5 ml | 2 ml | 4.5 ml | 15 ml | 50 ml | 250 ml|
|Usage Statement||Research Use Only (RUO). Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.|
Sed sapien orci, rhoncus eu sapien ac, iaculis semper diam. Donec lacinia mattis dui. Morbi ut turpis et tellus ultrices rhoncus eget eu velit. Sed vel urna dictum, ornare mauris ac, efficitur ante. Cras vulputate tortor non leo finibus pretium. Pellentesque justo ligula, elementum a lobortis vitae, ornare quis est. Vestibulum imperdiet consectetur imperdiet. Mauris vel venenatis arcu. Donec tempor tellus a